The War Horse collects and maintains the following type of donor information:
- Contact Information: name, address, telephone number, email address
- Giving History: gift amount, date, any gift restrictions requested by the donor
- Information on events attended, publications received, any special requests for program information
All information is confidential and kept on file for IRS purposes. Information is also used to analyze giving patterns in order to make accurate budget projections. Credit card numbers are used only for donation or payment processing and are not retained for other purposes.
The War Horse will use confidential donor information for the following purposes:
- Distributing donation receipts
- Sending thank you letters to donors
- Informing donors of The War Horse news and events
- Internal analysis and record keeping
- Contacting donors about changes in policy
Use and Disclosure of your Personal Information:
- We will not sell, share or trade your personal information with other entities without your permission.
- We will not send you mailings on behalf of other organizations.
- We may collect your name, email address, telephone number and payment information when
- you make a contribution, either on our website, over the phone, at an event or by mailing in a check
- To the extent any donations are processed through a third-party service provider, our donors’ information will only be used for purposes necessary to process the donation.
- We will use the personal information to protect against potential fraud. We may verify with third parties the information collected in the course of processing a gift.
- We publicly recognize donors by publishing names in our Annual Report, on our website and in other publications, unless a donor explicitly requests to remain anonymous. Donors may contact us to request that they not be included in such publications.
Security and enforcement